Tuesday, July 3, 2012

New X2

So finally after months on the job search, I have a job!  Matt's boss knew I was looking for a job and told Matt his wife's practice was looking for a nurse.  Long, story short,  Matt's boss's wife is now my boss.  Matt joked and said he wonders if they go home and say, "how was your Phillippi today?"  The job is at a family practice here in town, working similar hour to what Matt works.  I've just been doing a lot of training so far, but I think I'm going to like it.  One of the things I do is take triage calls.  People ask me a variety of questions and our patients are a variety of ages and demographics.  I like it because it makes me rely on all of my knowledge from nursing school. It's a good review for me.

I'm now in my second week of work and our plans were originally to have me work for a month or two and save up for a down payment on a car.  After just one week of carpooling that plan failed.  We went out on Saturday "just to look" and a salesman met us and  showed us a few of the cars.  In order to tell us the prices of the cars he had to take us back into his office and then gave us his whole little spiel. We talked about it and figured we could save up more for the payment or just pay one more payment, either way we end up paying the same amount.  So we ended up with this:
A 2009 Toyota Camry LE with only 15,000 miles. V6, a moon-roof, and Matt loves the volume control on the steering wheel.  It was a deal we couldn't pass up!  And yesterday I slept in an extra half hour and then drove myself to work without dropping Matt of first and it was awesome!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! I bet having two cars also makes your evenings feel much longer :) Happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Im so glad you finally found a job and that it seems to be going well. And your car looks so nice! And nice low miles too! I can see how the carpooling thing would get old really fast. Brian has now been bringing up getting a car again, and I think I have you to thank. Jk :)

    ReplyDelete